Image of the week fell by the wayside last week and I didn’t have alot of time to be creative this week but I did manage a trip to the Grower’s Market where I captured this sunflower and used some of my new digital art supplies to make it really gorgeous. Frame and background by Anna Aspnes. Word Art from French Kiss. Textures from 2 Lil’ Owls.
OK, one more from Italy. I just loved the way this one turned out. I had processed it in Topaz restyle some time ago. But I added a suitable background and used watercolor brushes on the edges. I think I may have to get this on printed for MY wall.
As I am learning new skills in Photoshop Artistry I have been going back through old files to look for things that would benefit from a different treatment. This image is from a 2010 trip to Italy. It was quite dark and required some serious levels adjustment to be usable. From there I just gave the edges a watercolor treatment, added some textures and an Italian stamp.
I have been systematically working my way through old photo files to find opportunities to create new art. Found this one from a trip to the Albuquerque zoo in 2009. I added a background paper from Anna Aspnes that perfectly complemented the color and did some brush work using water color brushes.
I started working with my Cuba pictures again this week. I decided it was such a special trip it need a scrapbook all it’s own. And I had to leave a lot out to keep it down to 12 pages in my 2016 book. So This is one of the photos I loved but the colors of the woman’s clothing and the buildings were distracting so I decided to do a selective black and white.
In Photoshop, just go to Select, color range, and use the eyedropper to select the color you want and use the fuzziness slider to make sure you get all of that color. Then hit control J to make a copy of the color selection. Now you can apply a black and white layer to the main photo and let the color layer sit on top. In this case, there was some red on one of the building so I had to do a selection on the building the apply another black and white adjustment layer to that selection. Yep, it’s really that simple.
I found these paper butterflies hanging in a shop window the other day. They already had some bokah and a dotted swiss curtain background so I just added some more bokah and a texture to complete the image.
This is a digital art piece I created using 5 different image of ferns. I was trying to emphasize the curly cues unfolding in different ways. I started out intending it to be more photo realistic but as I worked on it, it seemed to want to go in a more artistic direction.
On a trip to Redwoods National Park I stopped in at the history museum in Crescent City where I found lots of fun stuff to photograph. I was especially taken with this still life already set up and waiting for me. I had to edit out a couple of signs then gave it a painterly treatment and added a couple of textures to help with the old timey look.
Hurray, the Irises are in bloom. This one had a bland beige background so I had to come up with a new one for it but it helped to define the image so I like the new look. I also did some burning and dodging and added detail and saturation. This image was shot with my 180mm macro lens with an extension tube.
I’ve been trolling through old images looking for things to include in digital art pieces. I came across this one and just went WOW. It has been over saturated to bring out the colors but I love the contrast of the natural rock and the petroglyphs. Sending it out for printing on metal right away. I may have to order two because I know I want one hanging on My wall.
I’m seeing a series here. I’m seeing a show on the walls of some winery.